We hope by now that you have had a click around the new and improved athlete register. We also hope that you love all the new features as much as we do! It has been a long eight month road of designing, building, collating data and tweaking… and we are now extremely proud for the community to be able to use it. If you were aware of our athlete database on our old website, you will be able to truly appreciate the improvements. If this is the first time you have come across us, welcome to the party!
There are so many new features that we’re writing this mini walk through guide to explain the benefits. In a nutshell these features and improvements are:
- Improved thumbnail view
- Improved search functionality
- New search results sort function
- Improved design
- New slide show profile image ability
- New community ratings
- New Social Media integration
- Increased space for more information
- New information fields added
- Tabbed content
- Improved fight histories
- New video and photo fields
As you can see, we’ve been mighty busy! The front page of the register (and thumbnails) may need a little explaining so we have created the graphics below, click on them for a quick explanation.
We don’t feel we need to explain the changes to the profiles themselves, the best and most enjoyable way to find out is simply have a browse and click around. There are two elements we would love to highlight however:
1) Community rating. We invite you to rate the athletes (found at the top of each profile).
2) Community comments. You should also feel free to comment on the athletes (found at the bottom of the page). Obviously, anything obscene or unnecessary will be deleted.
We hope this article has been informative and useful, happy clicking!